Macdonald's Restaurant And Guest House Pitlochry Macdonald's Restaurant And Guest House, 140 Atholl Road, Pitlochry, Perth and Kinross, PH16 5AG

"Macdonald's Guest House and Restaurant is centrally situated in the small Perthshire town of Pitlochry which, nestling in the Tummel Valley, is the geographical centre of Scotland and, as a holiday resort, it and the surrounding district offer facilities unsurpassed for recreation and relaxation."

World hotels > Europe > United Kingdom > Pitlochry > Macdonald's Restaurant And Guest House Share

Scotland logo

Macdonald's Restaurant & Guest House

Macdonalds Restaurant and Guest House, Pitlochry, 15KMacdonalds Restaurant and Guest House, Pitlochry, 11K
140 Atholl Road, Pitlochry, Perthshire, Scotland, PH16 5AG

Telephone: 01796 472170
Fax: 01796 474221

Scottish Tourist Board 3 Stars

Macdonalds Restaurant and Guest House, Pitlochry, 1KMacdonalds Restaurant and Guest House, Pitlochry, 1K
"This popular guesthouse and restaurant has a loyal following. Don't even think about trying to get a room here at the start of the Pitlochry theatre season. While the rooms are nicely decorated and the hospitality enormous, the best thing about the place is undoubtedly the food. Also you can't beat the price."

Quote from "Scotland for Dummies Guide" 2001.

Macdonalds Restaurant and Guest House, Pitlochry, 11KMacdonalds Restaurant and Guest House, Pitlochry, 12K

Macdonald's Guest House and Restaurant is centrally situated in the small Perthshire town of Pitlochry which, nestling in the Tummel Valley, is the geographical centre of Scotland and, as a holiday resort, it and the surrounding district offer facilities unsurpassed for recreation and relaxation.

From Pitlochry one can travel north to Inverness, north-east or Braemar, Balmoral and Aberdeen, and to the west coast on the "Road to the Isles"...trips which can be made within the day...with a specially prepared packed lunch if required.
Macdonalds Restaurant and Guest House, Pitlochry, 1KMacdonalds Restaurant and Guest House, Pitlochry, 1K
We have been welcoming guests since 1959.

All attractively furnished bedrooms have private facilities, LCD television, tea/coffee makers and central heating. Guests have own keys for access to rooms at all times.

We look forward to making your visit to Pitlochry a special one.

Macdonalds Restaurant and Guest House, Pitlochry, 13K

The licensed restaurant is open to residents and non residents for all meals seating 86, it offers wholesome Scottish fayre. Party bookings are welcome for lunch, high teas, or dinner - A la Carte meals and high teas are served all day.

Macdonald's Restaurant and Guest House has been run by the Macdonald family since 1959.

This site was first leased from the feudal superior Archibald Butter of Faskally in 1864 to Robert McGregor, merchant, Kinloch Rannoch and Peter Morrison, mason, Dalcalpon.

In 1888 Robert McGregor's eldest son then a farmer and grazier of Minandee Station, darling River New South Wales, Australia sold the lease to Francis Henry, merchant, Pitlochry.

His eldest son John Alexander Henry inherited in 1910 and in 1912 resided in Winnipeg, Canada and then sold it in 1932 while living in Detroit, Michigan.

The new owners were 4 sisters - The McHardy sisters, Jemima, Catherine, Elspeth and Jessie. They are known to have run a Guest House on the site and in the Second World War it was a rest and recreation centre used by the Royal Netherlands Navy.

Macdonalds Restaurant and Guest House, Pitlochry, 11K

In 1945 Mrs Margaret Brown took over and ran it as a Guest House until 1959.

Donald Macdonald, a native of Harris in the Outer Hebrides, and formerly of Struan Inn, Calvine took over then. He created the cafe next door in 1961 and fish and chip shop in 1963. His son Neil became a partner in 1971. Donald retired in 1977.

Neil and his wife Laurie from Chicago, Illinois, now run the business which occupies a site of 41 square poles, 10 square yards, in the Parish of Moulin.

Restrictions on what can be done on the site are laid down in the Feudal Charter ("the Feu").

Some interesting clauses in the Feu seem unusual but in fact were common in legal parlance. Namely: it is not lawful to lay down any dung or manure, wood, coal fuel of any kind or any other materials. No candle works, soap works, glass works, sugar works, vitriol works, or works for making glue or cudbear or bricks or patter works, tanning of leather, refining of tallow, slaughtering of cattle, distilleries or iron fundries. No nauseous chemical operations or noisy manufacture. Finally, no stone quarrying.

We hope you enjoyed this potted history and also enjoy your stay with us.


Macdonalds Restaurant and Guest House
Macdonalds Restaurant and Guest House, Pitlochry, 1KMacdonalds Restaurant and Guest House, Pitlochry, 1K
Treasaite

Self Catering in Pitlochry

Treasaite which is Gaelic for "the third place" is a fully furnished Victorian end terrace house of architectural interest built in the 1850's. On the ground floor; guest lounge with colour television, bed settee, VCR, and lovely gas fire. Dining kitchen with automatic washer, fridge/freezer and central heating.

Upstairs 1 double bedroom and one family room with a double and a single bed, and a bath/shower room. This property is located in the centre of town, covneniently located for shopping, events and attractions.

Check in Saturday 2:00pm and check out is Saturday 10.00am - deposit of £100 required, balance payable on arrival. Maximum of 5 guests. No pets. No Smoking.
Macdonalds Restaurant and Guest House, Pitlochry, 11KMacdonalds Restaurant and Guest House, Pitlochry, 10K
Macdonalds Restaurant and Guest House, Pitlochry, 9K
Macdonalds Restaurant and Guest House, Pitlochry, 1KMacdonalds Restaurant and Guest House, Pitlochry, 1K

Why not visit the Macdonald's Restaurant and Guest House home page?



Copyright © 2014, Macdonalds Restaurant Guest House
Page design by Smooth Hound Systems

Copyright © 1995 to 2014 Smooth Hound Systems