Wymondham, located in Norfolk, is an historic market town that is located in the English countryside. Visitors will find it is situated approximately 14 kilometers from Norwich. It can be easily reached on the A11 road. There are plenty of sights to see and enjoy in the local area. Visitors should make sure they stop by the market cross in the town centre, which serves as a tourist information centre. There are also plenty of shopping opportunities as well as dining establishments in Wymondham and the surrounding area. Visitors who wish to stay longer than a day will be able to choose from a selection of accommodation options in the area.
The English town of Wymondham is located within Norfolk County. The town of Wymondham is a market town and also a civil parish. Wymondham is located about none miles to the south of the city that is known as Norwich.
The civil parish that is known as Wymondham covers an area of about forty-four square kilometres. The town of Wymondham has a population of about twelve thousand five hundred and thirty nine and this population lives within the five thousand four hundred and seventy seven households.
Fifteen councillors that make up what is known as the town council govern the town of Wymondham. The town is divided into five different wards and each of them has three members.
Within the town centre there is a market cross and this is used as a tourist information centre nowadays and the council within the town owns it. The Great Fire of Wymondham destroyed the original building in 1615. The present building was rebuilt during 1617 using money that was loaned by the local man that was known a Philip Cullyer.
The building was built on stilts and this was done for the same reason as many other buildings within the town, which was to protect them from damage by both vermin and floods.
There is a large housing complex being commenced in Wymondham and this is near the area that is known as Hethersett Road. There is also a much larger development proposal for three thousand homes within the southern part of Wymondham.