The welsh town of Tywyn is located within the area that is known as Cardigan Bay on the southern coast of Gwynedd in he northern part of Wales. The town of Tywyn is a very popular seaside resort. The name Tywyn is derived from the welsh language and means beach, sand dune, seashore. Surveys that were carried out in 2001 showed that over forty per cent of the population within the village speak Welsh.
The town of Tywyn is probably best known for its parish church that dates back to the Norman times. This church is known as St. Cadfan and it is home to the stone of Cadfans, which dates back to between the eighth and ninth century. The stone is transcribed in native welsh language. Over the years there has been a lot of famous people that have been connect in some way to the town of Tywyn.
The main industry within the town has for a long time been agriculture however since the arrival of the railway station tourism has also been a big industry within the town. The railway station within the town arrived during the middle part of the 1860's and it has since then had a massive impact on the growth of the town.
There are a vast number of facilities within the town and this includes a number of different places of worship, a primary school and some shops. There are also some places of interest in and around the town including a bird rock, which is known as Craig yr Aderyn.