The large English village that is known as Tarporley is located within the civil parish of Tarporley and it is part of Cheshire. The village is part of the council for Cheshire West and Chester. The village was once a notorious area for being a bottleneck with traffic however the A51 and the A49 has helped to sort this problem out. Tarporley is a very beautiful village that is very popular with both resident and tourists alike. The village is now home to a country market, which takes places regularly on the first Saturday of every month. The village of Tarporley is home to a population of about two thousand six hundred and thirty four.
The village is home to two schools one of which is a primary school and the other is a high school. The primary school is a Church of England school. The high school is known as Tarporley Community.
The urban district that is part of Tarporley was created over a hundred years ago in 1894 however it was then abolished about forty-two years later in 1936. Tarporley was part of the rural district of Northwich between 1936 and 1974, however this was abolished under the local government act that came out in 1972. Between 1974 and 2009 Tarporley was part of the borough that was known as Vale Royal and which was part of Cheshire however this since the 1st of April 2009 the village has been part of the Cheshire West and Chester. The village has status as a civil parish and therefore it has its own parish council.