Par, located in Cornwall, is a small fishing port and village situated east of St. Austell on the coast. The area saw quite a bit of development during the 19th Century as a result of the arrival of the railway as well as harbor development. Today visitors will find that although small, this village has quite a bit to offer, including a beach area. There are also shops to explore as well as plenty of places to dine. In addition, there are numerous accommodation options located in Par as well as in the local vicinity. The village can be easily reached from surrounding towns.
The English village of Par is also a fishing port and it is located on the southern coast of Cornwall. The village of Par is also a fishing port and it is located about three and a half miles to the east of St Austell. The village of Par has a population of about one thousand four hundred. The harbour that is part of the village is located towards the southern part of the village.
The development of the harbour within the village resulted a massive expansion of the village and led to split from the parish that was known as St Blaise during the middle part of the nineteenth century. During 1859 a railway was built within the village and trains from Plymouth served it and this also assisted the expansion of the village.
The village of Par originally was only a small group of houses that were located below the cliff overlooking the River Par. There was once a ferry that operated across the river however a bridge replaced this during 1824.
There is a four hundred and fifty foot breakwater structure that encloses an area of about thirty-five acres and this area has always had tidal waters that are only about sixteen feet in depth. The tidal water within the area made it ideal for large ocean style ships that regularly visit the nearby area of Fowey. During 1858 the port dealt with the exportation of about fifteen thousand one hundred and fifty four tons of china clay.