Llandovery, located in Carmarthenshire, is situated in Wales and is a traditional market town. The town can be easily reached via the A40 roadway. The town can also be reached through the Llandovery railway station. One of the most popular sights to visit in the local area is the remains of Llandovery Castle, which dates back to 1110. The castle was at one time used by King Henry IV. There are also numerous shopping opportunities in the local area as well as dining venues and pubs for guests to enjoy.
The Welsh market town of Llandovery is located within the area that is known as Carmarthenshire. The town of Llandovery is located on the banks of the River Tywi and it is also located on the road that is known as the A40. The town of Llandovery is served by the railway station that is located within the town and there is a park and ride scheme that operates to and from the railway station to areas such as Shrewsbury and Llanelli.
There is a Roman fort located within the town of Llandovery as this was known to the Romans as Alabum. The fort was built on top of Llanfair Hill and it is thought to date back to between 50 and 60AD.
There is a vast array of attractions within the town of Llandovery and these include the remains of Llandovery Castle that dates back to the medieval times. The castle was built in 1110 and the Welsh captured it immediately. Up until the time of the reign of King Edward the first the castle changed hands between the Welsh and the Normans.
There is a sixteen-foot statue that is made from stainless steel and is located within the town of Llandovery. The statue is in memory of Llywelyn ap Gruffydd Fychan and the statue was unveiled in 2001. The statue is located towards the northern side of the castle.
There are a lot of attractions within the surrounding area of the town and these include the gold mines that are known as Dolaucothi. These gold mines are located about ten miles from the town of Llandovery.