The English town of Dulverton is located within the centre of the area that is known as West Somerset. Dulverton is also a civil parish. The town of Dulverton is located close to the English border with Devon. The parish of Dulverton also includes the hamlet that is known as Battleton. The town of Dulverton is a very popular tourist location mainly due to its easy accessibility to Exmoor. The town of Dulverton is home to the headquarters for the authority that controls the national park of Exmoor.
The town of Dulverton is located on the banks of the River Barle deep within the wooded valley. The town is located on an ancient route and is a point for crossing the river.
Both the River Barle and the Barle Valley are biological sites of specialist scientific interest. The river passes under the clapper bridge, which is known as Tarr Steps and it dates back to the prehistoric times. The Tar Steps is about fifty-five meter long and it has been noted as a designated English heritage grade one listed building.
There is another major river within the parish of Dulverton and this is the River Exe. The river is located on the parish boundary with Brompton Regis and the river is crossed by the medieval bridge that is known as Chilly and also the bridge that is known as Hele Bridge.
There are a number of churches within the town of Dulverton and these include the All Saints Church, which is located in the area of the town that is known as Bank Square. This All Saints Church features a tower that dates back to the fifteenth century. The tower was restored extensively the work was started in 1853 and completed in 1855.