Conway is a traditional walled town that is located right on the coast in northern Wales. There are plenty of sights to see and enjoy while in Conwy as well as in the surrounding area. The town provides easy access to the Island of Anglesey as well as the Victoria seaside. While in Conwy, visitors will most certainly want to see Conway Castle, which is a sight to truly be appreciated and which will also offer fabulous views of the surrounding area. There are numerous accommodation options in Conwy as well as in the immediate vicinity.
Conwy is a Welsh town located within the county borough of Conwy on the northern coast of Wales. The town of Conwy is found opposite the Deganwy and the River Conwy separating both places. The town of Conwy was once part of Gwynedd and prior to this it was part of Caenarfonshire.
The town of Conwy is a market town that is also a very popular tourist destination, which is located on the northern coast of Wales.
Edward the first gave permission and the instructions for the building work on both Conwy castle and the town walls. The building work took place between 1283 and 1289 and was completed as part of his conquest as principality of Wales.
Conwy was the original place for Aberconwy Abbey, which was founded by Llywelyn the Great. King Edward and his troops moved the site of the abbey and they also moved the monks down the valley onto a new site that is located at Meanan. The parish church in Conwy still represents some of the original parts of the abbey church.
Plas Mawr is an historical house that has been extensively refurbished to its original sixteenth century splendour and the house is now in the care of Cadw. Across the estuary from Plas Mawr is Bodysgallen Hall. The hall incorporates a watchtower that dates back to the medieval times. The watchtower was once used as a signal place for Conwy Castle.
Conwy has a vast number of other attractions that include the suspension bridge built by Thomas Telford. The bridge spans across River Conwy it was finished in 1826 and replaced the ferry.