The English village of Cheadle is located within the metropolitan borough that is known as Stockport and this borough is part of Greater Manchester. The village borders other districts such a Heald Green, Cheadle Heath, Cheadle Hulme. The village of Cheadle has a population of about fourteen thousand.
The village of Cheadle grew very quickly during the time of the industrial revolution and during this time it was used as a stopping point for merchants and travellers who were travelling to the central areas in Manchester.
The village is located within the historic boundaries of Cheshire and the village was once in a parish that was known as Cheadle Bulkeley. After the 1835 municipal co-operations act the area of Cheadle Bulkeley was incorporated into the municipal borough.
There is a grammar school located within the village of Cheadle and it was founded under the educational act of 1944. The school was originally located at the bottom of the area that is known as Schools hill and it was bordered by a small sized river. The school once had a three-mile cross-country run and this run included the fording of the river close to the viaduct of the Seven Arches. The Christmas Service for the school was held within the St Mary's Church.
The public transport within the village is now confined to buses, which are operated by several different bus companies. Between 1866 and 1964 the village was also served by trains that stopped at the village station which was located about six hundred yards from the village.