The Scottish village of Aberlour is located within the area that is known as Moray. The village of Aberlour is located about twelve miles to the south of Elgin along the Grantown road. There are a vast number of things that are named Aberlour within the local areas as this is the name for a local stream that contributes to the River Spey and there is also a parish that is known as Aberlour. The name Aberlour is most commonly used to describe the village, which straddles the stream at the bottom of the River Spey however the full name for the village is Charlestown of Aberlour.
The village of Aberlour is thought to date back to 1654 and there is evidence of a settlement at this area however it was then known as Abirlaur. Charles Grant who was from Elchies originally founded the current village and he founded the village in 1812. The village is most commonly referred to as Aberlour.
There is a lot of attraction within the village of Aberlour and these include the distillery, which is used by Campbell Distillers. The distillery was founded in 1826 and it is still an operational distillery nowadays. Both the distillery and the village of Aberlour are located in the heart of Speyside in the area that is known as Moray. James and John Grant first founded the distillery and it is thought to date back to 1826, however James Fleming rebuilt it in 1879 and the new distillery was about a mile from the original one.