Milford Haven, located in Pembrokeshire, is situated on the northern side of Milford Haven Inlet. The village was originally founded as a whaling center during the 18th Century. There is a variety of attractions situated throughout the area including Fort Hubberstone, which was built in the mid-19th Century to defend the port, as well as a town museum and Custom House. Tourism has fueled the local economy in the last few years, encouraged by the beauty of the local coastline. There are ample accommodation choices in the immediate area along with plenty of dining options and shops to browse.
The Welsh town of Milford Haven is located within the area that is known as Pembrokeshire. The town of Milford Haven means at the mouth of two Cleddau Rivers. The town is located on the northern side of the inlet that also has the same name. The town was first founded as a whaling centre during the eighteenth century. The port within the town is one of the largest within the Untied Kingdom in terms of the tonnage. The port also plays an important part within the energy sector of the United Kingdom as it has several different oil refineries.
The town of Milford Haven is the second biggest settlement within Pembrokeshire. The town of Milford Haven has a population of about thirteen thousand one hundred.
During 1814 the Royal Dockyard was renamed as Pembroke Dock and this quickly reduced the wealth of the town. Robert F Gerville inherited the estate during 1824 and during 1853 it was relocated to the town.
The Quaker and also a fishing industry that was rapidly growing boosted the population of the town and it was employing a vast number of people. During 1849 the Hakin district was described as being the centre of the boat-building sector and at times there were about two hundred shipwrights living residing within this area.
There are a vast number of attractions within the town and the surrounding area. One of the attractions is Fort Hubberstone that was erected during 1863 and this was originally built in order to defend the port.