Malpas, located in Cheshire, is an interesting sight to visit when in the local area. Visitors will find the town located on the Welsh border. The village was at one time a market town. Today there are numerous sights that are worthy of visiting while in the local area. There are ample accommodation options located in the immediate area. In addition, there are numerous pubs and restaurants located in Malpas as well as in the local vicinity. Guests may also wish to visit a variety of different shops that are situated in the town of Malpas.
The English market town of Malpas is located within the Cheshire. The market town of Malpas is actually not a town it is in fact a large village and a civil parish. Malpas forms part of the authority that is known as Chester and Cheshire West. Malpas is located on the border between Wales and Shropshire. The name Malpas actually means "bad passage" and the word comes from the old French language.
There is no evidence of a settlement being on the site during the time of the Romans however there was a roman road that run from Bovium, now known as Tilston to the area of Mediolanum, which is now known as Whitchurch and this road passed through the village.
There are a lot of well-known people that have at some point had connections with the market town of Malpas. Malpas was home to Mathew Henry between 1662 and 1714. Between 1783 and 1826 Malpas was home to Bishop Reginald Heber was the bishop of Calcutta and also a poet. The market town is home to Chris Stockton who is a retired jockey and now rears rare cattle. The market town of Malpas has a vast amount of history and there are still some aspects of its history that can be seen today.