Aviemore Guest House28 - 30 Fishmarket Road, Rye, East Sussex TN31 7LP
Telephone: 01797 223052
Fax: 01797 223052
South East Tourist Board 3 Stars
- A warm welcome awaits you at the Aviemore Guest House.
- Situated two minutes walk from Rye town centre.
- Channel Tunnel 45 minutes.
- Dover and Ferries to France approximately 60 minutes.
- Hastings 20 minutes
- Ashford 30 minutes
- Parking approx. 100m from Guest House.
Choice of cereal
Fried eggs, bacon, mushrooms and tomato
Scrambled eggs and tomato
Poached eggs, tomato and toast
All cooked fresh to order
Kenya tea and coffee
Toast, butter, marmalade, honey and home made preserves
|Royal Borough of Rye|
A medieval town of mainly Georgian Architecture. So rich in history you cannot fail to be entranced by the quaint cobbled streets, the ancient buildings, antique shops and thriving local Potteries. The 'Town on the Hill' will take you back to a bygone era when it is easy to imagine the smugglers and their haunts. Linger a while in this beautiful East Sussex town, just 65 miles from London, and from this base you can explore the many other attractions, too numerous to list in full.
- Battle Abbey - built by William the Conqueror to commemorate the Battle of Hastings 1066. The best known date in history.
- Bodiam Castle - National Trust. Built in 1385 to block the Rother Valley from incursions by the French.
- Leeds Castle - The Loveliest Castle in the world'. Built on two islands in the middle of a lake.
- Penshurst Place - The home of Viscount de L'isle.
- Canterbury - with its magnificent Cathedral.
- Scotney Castle - National Trust. With landscaped gardens surrounding the moated 14th century Castle.
- Sissington Castle and Gardens - Created by the writer Vita Sackville-West.
- Royal Tunbridge Wells
- Chamber Castle - Built by Henry VIII
- Batemans - 17th Century Sussex Iron Master House. The home of Rudyard Kipling.
- Dover Castle
- Great Dixter - Built in 1450 and restored by Sir Edwin Lutyens.
- Chartwell - National Trust. Home of Sir Winston Churchill.
- John Aspinall Port Lympne Zoo Park and garden and Howletts Zoo.
- Kent and East Sussex Railway - for the railway enthusiast. Steam trains ply between Tenterden and Hixden Bridge and take you on a ride through history.
- Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway - The railway runs for 14 miles, across Kents historic Romney Marsh, from Dungeness to Hythe. The world's only 15" gauge 'Main line in miniature'. A superb train of one third full size steam and diesel.
- Bewl Water - Largest area of inland water in S.E England. Passenger cruises around the lake.
|In and around Rye Town: -|
- Rye Town Model - sound light show depicting the history of Rye.
- Lamb House - National Trust. One time home of Henry James and later, E.F Benson.
- Camber Sands - Finest sandy beach on the South Coast.
- Rye Harbour Nature Reserve.
- Rye putting and bowling green.
For more information please visit www.aviemoreguesthouse.co.uk
Copyright © 2012 to 2013, Aviemore Guest House
Page design by Smooth Hound Systems