Wood Green District
This district of north London is just north of Muswell Hill and Tottenham. Originally the area was heavily wooded with a small hamlet in a clearing - hence the name of the district.
For many years the area remained rural and was thinly populated, the heart of the community being a manor house known as The Ducketts.
It was only in 1859, when a railway station was built in the district, that the area began to expand. Housing soon spread throughout the district and Wood Green retains a very suburban feel to this day.
The main attraction of the region is a huge shopping complex, which opened in 1981.
Click here for other parts of north London
Copyright © 1998 - 2008, Smooth Hound Systems
Page design by Smooth Hound Systems
Smooth Hound Systems accepts no liability with regards to the accuracy of the information on this site.
Users are advised to double check information such as dates, times, prices etc.