Stable Yard Gate, SW1
Nearest Tube: Green Park
A graceful and attractive building, Clarence House adjoins the south-west wing of St James's Palace. It was built in 1828 for William IV (1830-37) before he came to the throne, when he was still the Duke of Clarence - hence the name.
Today it is home to one of the most loved royals, Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother. The palace is not open to the public, but the uniformed guards outside offer some good photo opportunities.
Click here for other parts of south-west London
Copyright © 1998 - 2008, Smooth Hound Systems
Page design by Smooth Hound Systems
Smooth Hound Systems accepts no liability with regards to the accuracy of the information on this site.
Users are advised to double check information such as dates, times, prices etc.