|Award Winning Cheriton House Huntingdon Award Winning Cheriton House, Mill Street, Houghton, Huntingdon, Cambs, PE28 2AZ|
"Lovely Victoria country house with large garden, just 150 yards from the river I the historic and picturesque village of Houghton."
|World hotels > Europe > United Kingdom > Huntingdon > Award Winning Cheriton House|
|Award winning Cheriton House is a lovely Victorian building which, so far, we have traced back as having been sold by Edward Johnson to John Clark for £150 on 11th October 1855.|
The House has a large garden with two ponds and the barn adjoining the house, overlooking part of the rear garden, has been converted into 3 very attractive en-suite bedrooms.
We are 150 yards from the river Great Ouse, Houghton Mill (National Trust) and 2 minutes walk from the village square.
Located in the historic village of Houghton, just 150 yards walk from the River Great Ouse and Houghton Mill (National Trust) Only 100 yards from the main village square. Houghton village is well served by 2 pubs, a general store/off licence and Post Office, a newsagents, an antique shop, hairdresser and MG Garage.
We are located between the cities of Huntingdon and St. Ives (under 2 miles from each), just 20 minutes from Cambridge and a short drive from several lovely Cambridgeshire villages. And coming soon a guided bus on a dedicated route from St Ives to Cambridge.
To reach us by rail, Huntingdon railway station is 3 miles away (we can normally arrange to collect you by prior arrangement).
By air you have Stansted Airport (30 minutes drive) London Luton Airport (50 minutes) London City Airport (60 minutes) London Heathrow (75 minutes) Birmingham International Airport (80 minutes).
|Places to Visit in the area|
* Cambridge is just 20 minutes drive away.
* St Ives is a very pretty riverside town under two miles away.
* Ely Cathedral is within a 40 minute drive away.
* There are several good restaurants and riverside pubs within
10 minutes drive of us or you are welcome to borrow a bicycle and cycle across the meadow to the Hemingfords.
|We have all the facilities that you would expect:-|
* all rooms with en-suite bathrooms including power shower & bath
* all rooms with 21" colour TV, Teletext, CD, DVD, electric trouser press, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities etc + lots of usful extras.
* Private car parking
Plus a few that you may not expect:-
* Very comfortable coil sprung beds
* Cd/dvd players in all rooms.
* Exclusive toiletries
* chilled fresh milk for your in-room teas and coffees.
* An extensive breakfast menu, all cooked to order and featuring the choice of several herbal teas, fresh fruit juices, an enormous traditional breakfast grill or continental breakfast if you wish or smoked salmon and scrambled eggs and lots more.
Our jams and marmalades are home made, as is the tea bread on arrival and our breads and the wholemeal bread is made using flour milled 100 yards away at Houghton Mill! Eggs are free range from a local farm, sausages handmade at a local farmshop, and we use local produce whenever possible.
* 3 of our rooms are situated on the ground floor, in a converted barn overlooking the garden and each of these has its own patio table etc. to enable you to enjoy the garden, throughout the year, weather permitting.
|How to find us:|
We are between Huntingdon & St Ives (Under 2 miles from each), 5 minutes drive from the A1/A14 and under 20 minutes drive from the M11. Our nearest Railway station is Huntingdon